Bumblebee Poison Dart Frog
(also called the yellow-banded poison dart frog)
- Let’s start by coloring the frog’s skin. Lay your plate flat on a table, right side up, and pick out markers or crayons the color of your frog’s skin—bright yellow and black.
- Next, look at the skin patterns of the frog in the photo. The bumblebee poison dart frog has big splotches of black and yellow. Use a pencil to draw these stripes and spots on the plate. Make sure to draw big circles for eyes about three inches above the Chinet logo (name) in the middle of your plate. Draw two small circles right below the Chinet logo for nose holes.
- Color in the splotches with your black and yellow markers or crayons. Don’t color the nose or eye circles!
- Near the bottom of your circular frog face you need to draw a mouth. Use a black crayon to draw a wide, V-shaped line an inch or two above the bottom rim of the plate.
- Now you can color the eyes black. Use glue to paste on googly eyes or cool buttons.
- Have an adult help you punch a hole at the top of your plate with the single-hole punch. Then thread a string through the hole. Now you can hang your frog face anywhere in your home.
- Ta da! That’s how you make a frog face. But that’s not all! What else can you add to your frog? Use your imagination and hop to it! Click the “back” button to try out some of the other frog-face designs.