Bear Cub Scouts
Sharing Your World with Wildlife Achievement
Your Bear Scout will complete all of the requirements necessary to earn their Achievement by doing the following:
- Discover animals that have gone extinct in the past 100 years and what causes extinction.
- Participate in a fun and active game of EXTINCTION! in which your scouts experience first hand how animals become endangered.
- View live animals up close in our Educator led presentation.
- Go on a scavenger hunt through the Zoo and see/touch real animal bio-artifacts.
- Create an educational poster to teach facts on an animal of their choice.
Schedule of Available Sessions
If your scout group has “kids’ days off” from school we may be able to schedule additional programs during those times. Programs are booked based on classroom and instructor availability. “Kids’ days off” can include the following: Teachers Convention (end of October), Winter Break, Spring Break, Banking Days or Early Release Days.
Fall 2012 - Spring 2013
|Saturday, November 17th, 2012||9:15-11:45||&||1:00-3:30|
|Saturday, April 27th, 2013||9:15-11:45||&||1:00-3:30|
Fall 2013 - Spring 2014
|Saturday, November 23rd, 2013||9:15-11:45||&||1:00-3:30|
|Saturday, February 8th, 2014||9:15-11:45||&||1:00-3:30|
|Saturday, April 19th, 2014||9:15-11:45||&||1:00-3:30|
If your group can only attend a weekend program, please contact Christopher Uitz at 414-258-5058 ext. 428 to have your group placed on the waiting list. If there is demand; additional weekend sessions may be opened.
Fees cover ALL of the following: program cost, zoo admission, and parking.
Patches, badges, and arrow points are NOT included in the program costs. Milwaukee County Zoo patches are available for purchase in the Zoo's gift shop.
$12.25 per scout
($10.25 November - March)
$13.00 per scout
$10.75 per scout
($8.75 November - March)
$11.50 per scout
$10.00 per scout
($8.00 November - March)
$10.75 per scout
Full payment is due 2 weeks before the program date. The number of participants may be adjusted until the day payment is due. If the number of participants drops after the two week period, the price of the program will not be adjusted as program supplies have been purchased. A 50% cancellation fee will be charged to groups cancelling programs less than two weeks in advance of a reserved program date.
Minimum group size is 10 scouts. Maximum is 24. Only scouts and chaperones may attend. No tag-along children or siblings are allowed in the program. If additional family members or friends wish to visit the Zoo, they will be subject to standard admission rates set by the Milwaukee County Zoo. They must also enter the walk-in or drive-in gates SEPERATELY from the scouts attending the program. The same applies for Zoological Society members who wish to visit the Zoo on the same date.
* We require a MINIMUM of 3 chaperones to attend. One free adult chaperone and vehicle parking is permitted for every three scouts.
* If you have a group that is less than 10 scouts, we can partner your pack or troop with another.
How to book a program:
If you are interested in booking a program, please contact Christopher U. via email at email@example.com or by phone at 414-258-5058 ext. 428. Please provide the following information: group size, number of chaperones, and name/phone number/email of contact person.
* Zoological Society membership benefits do not apply towards admission or cost of the program. An education group-rate discount has already been applied towards admission. If other family members or friends plan on visiting the Zoo during the scout program, those individuals may use their membership benefits at the walk-in gates.