Brownie Girl Scouts
Your Brownie Scout will complete all of the requirements necessary to earn their badge by doing the following:
- View live animals up close in our educator-led presentation.
- Go on a scavenger hunt through the Zoo and see/touch real animal bio-artifacts such as animal furs, bones, skulls or mounts.
- Learn about how animals use their senses to communicate by making an animal costume and partaking in an interactive animal senses communications game.
- Participate in interactive stations to test their own senses.
Schedule of Available Sessions:
|Saturday, September 30, 2017||9:15-11:45||FULL|
Due to staffing changes, this is the only date available at this time.
Fees cover ALL of the following: program cost, zoo admission, and parking. The Senses Badge is NOT included in the cost of the program. Milwaukee County Zoo patches are available for purchase in the Zoo's gift shop.
Milwaukee County Residents
(taxpayer discounted rates)
|$11.00 per scout||$13.00 per scout|
Visa or MasterCard information must be provided at least two weeks before the program date. You may choose to make a payment via credit card or by troop/pack check. Final participant numbers are requested two weeks before the program. If space is available, participant numbers can be adjusted during the two weeks leading up to the program. Participant numbers cannot be changed the day of the program nor can refunds be issued to scouts that choose not to attend on the day of the program. A 50% cancellation fee will be charged to groups cancelling programs less than two weeks in advance of a reserved program date.
- Minimum group size is 10 scouts. Maximum is 24.
- The Zoological Society reserves the right to pair scout groups together to meet the minimum or reach the maximum capacity for the program.
- Only scouts and chaperones may attend. No tag-along children or siblings are allowed in the program.
- If additional family members or friends wish to visit the Zoo, they will be subject to standard admission rates set by the Milwaukee County Zoo. They must also enter the walk-in or drive-in gates SEPARATELY from the scouts attending the program. The same applies for Zoological Society members who wish to visit the Zoo on the same date.
- We require a MINIMUM of 3 chaperones to attend. One free adult chaperone and vehicle parking is permitted for every three scouts.
How to book a program:
If you are interested in booking a program, please contact the education department at 414-258-5058, ext. 0, or email@example.com. Please provide the following information: group size, number of chaperones, and name/phone number/email of contact person.
* Zoological Society membership benefits do not apply towards admission or cost of the program. An education group-rate discount has already been applied towards admission. If other family members or friends plan on visiting the Zoo during the scout program, those individuals may use their membership benefits at the walk-in gates.