The Zoological Society of Milwaukee presents
School Programs at the Milwaukee County Zoo and at Your School
Click here for information on how to register and plan a successful Zoo field trip.
The Zoological Society Conservation Education Department offers a variety of school programs in accordance with academic standards. All classes provide children the opportunity to observe animal biofacts (skulls, fur, etc.), and some classes include a live animal component.
- The symbol identifies programs that include instruction time in the Zoo and so participants should dress for the weather.
- The symbol identifies programs that can be presented at the Milwaukee County Zoo or at your school.
- Outreach programs are limited to schools within 40 miles of the Zoo. Two-program minimum required for outreach beyond 30 miles.
- To register, call 414-258-5058 at least three weeks prior to desired date(s).
- Next Generation Science Standards are coded next to each program title: PS-Physical Science, LS-Life Science, ES-Earth Science, ESS-Earth and Space Science, ETS-Engineering, Technology, and Applications of Science. Go to the Next Generation Science Standards website for further information. Click here for Common Core, State of Wisconsin and WI Model Early Learning standards alignment.
We thank the following organizations for financial support of our school programs: Thrivent Mutual Funds, Ladish Co. Foundation; U.S. Bank Foundation; A.O. Smith Foundation; Sadoff Family Foundation; Gene Ruth Posner Foundation, Inc.
Ensure that you're notified about future programs by sending your e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll notify you two times a year as our program offerings are updated.