Please feel free to register for 2013-2014 (October - May).
Outreach into the Community
The Zoological Society and Kohl’s Cares have partnered to bring you Kohl’s Wild Theater, which provides conservation-themed theater performances using drama, songs, and puppetry. Performances, which may be scheduled within a one-hour radius of the Milwaukee County Zoo, are free of charge.
Festivals, community events and school assemblies make great venues for Kohl’s Wild Theater performances, which are family-friendly and age-appropriate for grade-school children.
- Kohl’s Wild Theater is a completely contained performance group. We provide our own sound equipment and the necessary materials for the show. All we need is a working electrical outlet and stage space of at least 18 x 20 feet.
- Outdoor stage space needs to be covered and have flooring or pavement. We cannot perform on grass or dirt.
- Performances can be booked, free of charge, within a one-hour radius of the Milwaukee County Zoo.
- Performances are typically 45 minutes in length with time included for questions from the audience.
- Minimum audience of 100 is suggested for school performances. (Or all-school assembly for schools with fewer than 100 students).
- The actors require approximately one-hour before and after the performance for set-up and tear-down
Questions? Review our frequently asked questions (FAQ).
Performance Series for June 2013-May 2014
Click on the links below to view performance descriptions.
- The Reach of the Rain Forest (June-August 2013)
- Vampires vs. Aliens: A Wisconsin Wildlife Double Feature (June-December 2013)
- K-W-T Jamboree! (June 2013-May 2014)
- A World of Water (October 2013-January 2014)
- Wild Wisconsin (January-May 2014)
- A Tale of Two Hemispheres (February-May 2014)
If you would like to attend a performance at a festival or public event near you, check out the calendar of public performance bookings here.
Teachers: The Zoological Society offers several school programs that complement Kohl's Wild Theater show themes.