Please feel free to register for the 2014-2015 season (September 2014 - May 2015).
Outreach into the Community
The Zoological Society and Kohl’s Cares have partnered to bring you Kohl’s Wild Theater, which provides conservation-themed theater performances using drama, songs, and puppetry. Performances, which may be scheduled within a one-hour radius of the Milwaukee County Zoo, are free of charge.
Festivals, community events and school assemblies make great venues for Kohl’s Wild Theater performances, which are family-friendly and age-appropriate for grade-school children.
|Cameron, played by Sherrick Robinson, photographs Li’l Dude the bonobo in the Kohl’s Wild Theater play “The Congo Code.” Lindsey Gagliano and Emmitt Morgans operate the bonobo puppet while Taylor, played by Liz Faraglia, tries to help Cameron from afar.|
- Kohl’s Wild Theater is a completely contained performance group. We provide our own sound equipment and the necessary materials for the show. All we need is a working electrical outlet and stage space of at least 18 x 20 feet.
- Outdoor stage space needs to be covered and have flooring or pavement. We cannot perform on grass or dirt.
- Performances can be booked, free of charge, within a one-hour radius of the Milwaukee County Zoo.
- Performances are typically 45 minutes in length with time included for questions from the audience.
- Minimum audience of 100 is suggested for school performances. (Or all-school assembly for schools with fewer than 100 students).
- The actors require approximately one-hour before and after the performance for set-up and tear-down
Questions? Review our frequently asked questions (FAQ).
Performance Series for June 2014 - May 2015
Click on the links below to view performance descriptions.
- The Great Global Extravaganza (June 2014-January 2015)
- The Chronicles of Detective Appletree (October-December 2014)
- The Congo Code (October 2014-May 2015)
- A World of Water (January-May 2015)
- The KWT Jamboree (February-May 2015)
If you would like to attend a performance at a festival or public event near you, check out the calendar of public performance bookings here.
Teachers: The Zoological Society offers several school programs that complement Kohl's Wild Theater show themes.