Winter-spring 2017 is filling up fast, and summer 2017 booking is now open. Book your show now!
Outreach into the Community
The Zoological Society and Kohl’s Cares have partnered to bring you Kohl’s Wild Theater, which provides conservation-themed theater performances using drama, songs, and puppetry. Performances, which may be scheduled within a one-hour radius of the Milwaukee County Zoo, are free of charge.
Festivals, community events and school assemblies make great venues for Kohl’s Wild Theater performances, which are family-friendly and age-appropriate for grade-school children.
Cameron, played by actor James Carrington, tries to talk to a bonobo named Li'l Dude in Kohl's Wild Theater's original production "The Congo Code." The bonobo puppet is operated by Samantha Sostarich and Marcus Beyer.
- Kohl’s Wild Theater is a completely contained performance group. We provide our own sound equipment and the necessary materials for the show. All we need is a working electrical outlet and stage space of at least 18 by 20 feet.
- Outdoor stage space needs to be covered and have flooring or pavement. We cannot perform on grass or dirt.
- Performances can be booked, free of charge, within a one-hour radius of the Milwaukee County Zoo.
- Performances are typically 30-45 minutes in length with time included for questions from the audience.
- Minimum audience of 100 is suggested for school performances. (Or all-school assembly for schools with fewer than 100 students).
- The actors require approximately one hour before and after the performance for set-up and tear-down
Questions? Review our frequently asked questions (FAQ).
Check out our video to learn more about Kohl’s Wild Theater.
Performance Series for June 2016-August 2017
Click on the links below to view performance descriptions.
- The KWT Jamboree (June 2016-January 2017)
- The Congo Code (October-December 2016)
- A World of Water (October 2016-February 2017)
- Aldo Leopold and the Ghost of Sand County (January-May 2017)
- What We Eat (February–May 2017)
- A Tale of Two Hemispheres (March-August 2017)
- The Great Global Extravaganza (June-August 2017)
If you would like to attend a performance at a festival or public event near you, check out the calendar of public performance bookings here.
Teachers: The Zoological Society offers several school programs that complement Kohl's Wild Theater show themes.