June 2, 3 & 4, 2014, 5-9 p.m.
Milwaukee County Zoo
A Zoo Pass member event
Enjoy dinner with the animals at our first annual Food Truck Safari. Purchase delicious food from Milwaukee-area food trucks and feed your “roaring” appetite. Food trucks will donate a percentage of their sales each night to the Zoological Society’s Sponsor an Animal program, which helps support all the Zoo’s animals.
Indulge in a tasty feast from eight different food trucks:
Bubble Tea Fusion: Bubble tea smoothie, real fruit smoothie, flavored ice tea, milk tea, spring roll, egg roll, hoagies (five-spice pork, ham & pork, lemongrass chicken), chicken fried rice, soda, Gatorade, lemonade twist & water.
Eats & Treats Food Truck: Burgers (The Cheesehead, Da-Works, Shroomy Swiss, The Heater or build your own), Monster BLT, triple-double grilled cheese, hot dogs, nachos, fries, waffle specialties (Spicy Jalapeño Cheddar, Beer Brat, Bacon, Sausage, Waffle Dog or Waffle on a Stick), ice cream, ice cream drinks, smoothies, and soda.
The Fast Foodie, LLC: Globaco (Food from around the world in a tortilla – aka Global Taco), Kid’s Mac & Cheese, Homemade Potato Chips (with dipping sauce) and soda.
Five Star Nacho: Nachos (Honey BBQ Pulled Pork, Homestyle Beef, Spicy Chicken or Veggie)
The Gouda Girls Food Truck: Sandwiches (Classic Grilled Cheese, Mac & Cheese, Roma, Triple Grilled Cheese, Meatball Hoagie, WI Cheesesteak) Mac & Cheese Bowl, Caprese Salad, Fruit Salad, soda and water.
Hard Wood Café: BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Pulled Pork Nachos, Kid’s Hot Dog Meal, “Hog” Dog, Meatball Sandwich, soda, candy, and chips.
Kona Ice: Premium tropical shaved ice. Choose from a variety of bold and delicious flavors.
Palermo’s® Pizza: Pizzeria Style Pizza (choice of cheese, pepperoni or sausage)
Other activities include:
- Free admission to Sting Ray & Shark Bay, sponsored by Sendik’s Food Markets, from 3 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. each day of the event. (Zoo Pass and photo ID needed for admission.)
- Ocean-themed crafts and temporary tattoos for our younger guests.
- Performances by Kohl’s Wild Theater.
- Music entertainment by Our House on the Flamingo Café patio.
- Purchase our new summer ZSM t-shirt or sponsor an animal.
- The following buildings will be open from 5 – 8:45 p.m., unless otherwise noted: Herb & Nada Mahler family Aviary (closes at dusk), Stearns Family Apes of Africa & Primates of the World, Aquatic & Reptile Center, Florence Mila Borchert Big Cat Country and the Northwestern Mutual Family Farm. Other animal buildings/exhibits will be closed.
This event is only for Zoological Society members and their minor children and/or grandchildren covered on the membership. Click here to join if you are not a current member or would like to upgrade your membership to include parking. If you would like to upgrade your membership to include guest privileges please contact us at (414) 258-2333.