Party for the Planet
Sponsored by American Transmission Co. (ATC)
May 18 & 19, 2013, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Free Zoo admission for Zoological Society members with ID.
The Milwaukee County parking fee is $12.
For more information, call (414) 771-3040.
Celebrate the return of migratory birds at this year's Party for the Planet, the Zoo's annual commemoration of Earth Day and International Migratory Bird Day. You can play follow
the leader, bird-style! Get banded like a real bird and follow a simulated migration path through the Zoo. You'll face the same risks as migrating birds, but you can also learn how to help.
Remember, small changes in our everyday routine can have a big impact on the planet. Learn planet-saving skills from composting to recycling to decreasing invasive species.
Zoo activities include:
- Purple coneflower seed packet giveaways, courtesy of ATC
- A sale of plants native to Wisconsin
- Acres for the Atmosphere: Plant seedlings near Wolf Woods to support polar bear conservation.
- Nature crafts: Make a bird decal to put on windows to help prevent bird collisions.
- Conservation education outreach booths
- Bird banding: Watch zookeepers net, band, and release birds behind the Small Mammals Building; 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday only.