Winter at the Milwaukee County Zoo is beautiful. The cool, crisp air and the white, fluffy snow makes your visit to the Zoo a memorable one. Share these moments with us in a winter Instagram contest ( zoosocietymke)! From Jan. 1 to Feb. 11, post your favorite photos on Instagram with the hashtag #WildWinterMKEZoo and the corresponding hashtag for that week’s theme. Winners from the previous week will be announced on Mondays. Each week’s winner will receive a gift certificate from the Zoological Society that can be put towards Zoo Classes, Zoo Passes, Society fundraising events and more. Check out the themes and rules below:
- Jan. 1-7: #FlyingHigh #WildWinterMKEZoo
It might be chilly outside, but in the Herb and Nada Mahler Family Aviary, things are heating up. Snap some pictures of the colorful birds in action.
- Jan. 8-14: #MightyMammals #WildWinterMKEZoo
They may be small, but they’re mighty! Visit the Small Mammals building and send us your best snapshots.
- Jan. 15-21: #GoBananas #WildWinterMKEZoo
Swing by the Stearns Family Apes of Africa and Primates of the World buildings to capture the primates and apes “monkeying” around.
- Jan. 22-28: #JustKeepSwimming #WildWinterMKEZoo
Escape the Wisconsin cold and visit some more tropical waters. Send us photos of your favorite fish from the Aquatic and Reptile Center.
- Jan. 29-Feb. 4: #OutdoorPursuits #WildWinterMKEZoo
Brave the outdoors and capture photos of the animals that enjoy the snow. Brownie points if you include snow in the photo.
- Feb. 5-11: #SnowFlake #WildWinterMKEZoo
Spend a snowy day at the Milwaukee County Zoo and take photos of you, your friends and family, and/or the animals at your favorite snowy spot at the Zoo.
- By entering the contest, you are allowing the Zoological Society of Milwaukee/Milwaukee County Zoo to use your submitted photos for publicity purposes.
- Enter as many times as you’d like.
- By entering, you’re verifying that you took the photo and have the rights to it.
- If you include a person in your photo, make sure to get that person’s permission before submitting it. If there is a child in the photo, get permission from the child’s parent.
- Your Instagram account must be set to public in order for us to see your photos. We will not accept photos sent to us by direct message.
- You must be following us on Instagram ( zoosocietymke).