The Simba Circle: A Living Legacy
The Simba Circle was created by the Zoological Society to recognize and thank those donors, during their lifetime, who remember the Zoological Society of Milwaukee in a will or with a legacy gift. When you make this type of gift, you create a legacy of support that lasts through your lifetime and beyond. When we receive your gift, it becomes a permanent asset of the Zoological Society's endowment fund. Each year, the earnings from your gift, along with other contributions to the fund, ensure the Zoological Society is able to continue its mission to support the Zoo, educate the public, and conserve wildlife for future generations.
Let us thank you now
By informing us that you've named the ZSM as a beneficiary of a legacy gift, you will be eligible to receive these wonderful benefits as part of the Simba Circle family:
- Recognition on signage at the Milwaukee County Zoo and in Zoological Society publications
- Invitations to Platypus Circle Premier Events and Simba Circle events
- You are a legacy - your gift will insure that the Zoological Society can continue to carry out its mission to support the Zoo, educate the public and conserve wildlife for generations to come.
These are different methods in which you can leave a legacy gift to the Zoological Society. For more information about the specifics of these gifts, please refer to the bottom of this page and contact the development department.
- If you are putting the Zoological Society in your will, here is the correct wording:
I bequeath___________ to the Zoological Society of Milwaukee or any successor organization thereto.
I bequeath____________ percent (___%) of the residue of my estate to the Zoological Society of Milwaukee or any successor organization thereto.
I bequeath_____________ shares of common stock of the _________Company to the Zoological Society of Milwaukee.
- Life insurance policy
- If you assign ownership of a life insurance policy to the Zoological Society, you will receive an income-tax deduction for the value of the policy and an annual charitable contribution deduction for future premiums paid.
- Gift Annuity
- Through a gift of an annuity, you will receive a charitable contribution tax deduction while earning an income for life. This allows you to give to the Zoological Society while receiving money back during your lifetime.
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- These trusts allow you to make a gift to the Zoological Society and still receive income for life. It's a win-win situation. You receive an immediate charitable contribution tax deduction and the Zoological Society receives the remainder interest from the trust.
Simba Circle information request
Questions? Contact the Development Department at (414) 258-2333 or email email@example.com