You can be an integral part of our future by establishing a gift to the Zoological Society of Milwaukee. Your planned gift will help the Zoological Society to advance its mission of supporting the Milwaukee County Zoo, educating the public and conserving wildlife, while also benefiting you, your family and future generations.
What is Planned Giving?
Gift planning is finding ways to make charitable gifts now or after your lifetime while enjoying financial benefits for yourself. This type of gift is part of your overall financial or estate plan.
Planned gifts require some preparation and, often, help from your professional advisors. Unlike cash donations, they are typically made from assets in your estate rather than disposable income, and come to fruition upon your death.
Ways to begin exploring:
- Wills or Trusts
- IRA or another Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance Policy
- Real Estate/Tangible Property
Where Will My Gift Go?
Your gift will become part of the Zoological Society’s Endowment Trust that aids in maintaining and growing the Zoo for future generations. Each year, earnings from your gift and others will contribute to the financial stability of the Zoological Society of Milwaukee and the Milwaukee County Zoo.
Recognizing Your Commitment – The Simba Circle
The Simba Circle honors those who have made a planned gift to the Zoological Society of Milwaukee. By informing us that you’ve included the Society in your estate plans, you can become a member of the Simba Circle and receive these benefits:
- Invitations to the annual VIP Premiere of the special summer exhibit and the Simba Circle Recognition Dinner.
- Recognition on signage at the Milwaukee County Zoo and in Zoological Society publications, including special acknowledgment in the Annual Report.
Meet our Donors
Each Simba Circle member has a distinct reason for creating his or her planned gift. Learn more about members’ stories and their passion for the Zoological Society by clicking on the photos below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the questions below to learn more.
- How do I Add the Zoological Society to My Will?
- How Could Life Insurance or an IRA Benefit the Zoological Society?
- Can People of Any Income Range Do Planned Giving?
- Can I Remain Anonymous?
- How Will Establishing a Planned Gift Benefit Me?
I Would Like More Information about Planned Giving
Please complete the information below or contact Kim Peterson in the ZSM Development Department at (414) 258-2333, ext. 310. You can also e-mail questions to Simba@ZooSociety.org.