Tell others: Give through Community Shares
The Zoological Society of Milwaukee partnership with Community Shares of Greater Milwaukee provides us with critical funding for our operations. But you can also play an important role in helping sustain this organization right where you work.
Many of you pledge money to this organization through the convenience of payroll deduction at your workplace – Community Shares enables us to have a presence in workplaces throughout Milwaukee County. We are especially grateful for this funding because every dollar we receive through Community Shares is “unrestricted,” meaning that we can use it to pay the heating bill, the light bill, or to increase our programs budgets – whatever our greatest needs are. Unrestricted dollars are not available through most foundation grants and that’s one reason we value this partnership.
Community Shares is also unique because it encourages the donor to give to whichever group (or groups) he or she wishes to support – and in any amount they feel they can give.
We currently receive only a portion of what we could be receiving in workplace-giving campaigns because many people don’t realize they can give to us through Community Shares. With just a little help from you, we could raise significantly more dollars in employee-giving campaigns this year.
3 easy ways you can support us where you work:
1.) Give through Community Shares at your workplace.
- If you work in a public sector office (school or government), you will find our organization listed under the “Community Shares” heading in your fall pledge brochure.
- If you work in a private industry or business, tell your HR staff or employee-giving campaign leader to provide you with a Community Shares Pledge Form. Please call CS at (414) 342-0883 if your workplace does not offer a Community Shares pledge form.
- Click here for a list of workplaces that welcome Community Shares.
2.) Tell others at work about the advantages of giving through Community Shares.
- They can support the organizations of their choice – in any dollar amount – through Community Shares of Greater Milwaukee.
- The dollars from their donation can be used by the organization where it is needed most.
3.) If you work in a private business or industry that does not have an employee giving campaign, please call us or call Community Shares at (414) 342-0883 – or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
They will work to set up a campaign at your workplace that will enable you and your co-workers to give to the organizations of your choice through payroll deduction. You can play a key role in sustaining this organization by simply making sure we have a presence in your workplace this year. Your effort will benefit this organization – and dozens of others – for years to come!