We are currently accepting applications for the following job opportunities:
The deadline has already passed for Education internships for Summer 2016. If you are interested in applying for Summer 2017 Education internships, check back in November 2016 for more information. The application deadline for summer 2017 is February 10, 2017.
Learn more by checking out a video about our Education Internships and articles highlighting some of our amazing interns.
The Zoological Society of Milwaukee (Society) is currently seeking an Executive Assistant to the President and CEO to provide executive level support, liaison to board, senior staff and external constituencies. The ideal candidate will have a high level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and good communication abilities.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, Society committees, donors, and others, on matters related to CEO's initiatives. Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Adheres to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Provides part-time administrative support to the Vice President – Finance and Administration.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Strong work tenure: A minimum of five years of experience supporting a CEO or senior level executive, preferably in a nonprofit organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat and utilizing a customer relationship management database.
- Ability to work flexible hours when necessary, including some weekends and overtime.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time position located at the ZSM’s main office on the grounds of the Milwaukee County Zoo. For more information about the ZSM, please visit http://www.zoosociety.org/
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume including salary requirements (salary commensurate with experience) to:
Zoological Society of Milwaukee
c/o Human Resources
10005 W. Bluemound Rd.
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Or by email to HR@zoosociety.org