AZADV 2014 National Conference
The photo contest is open to any member of AZADV who is not a professional photographer.
- We are accepting prints only. No digital submissions are allowed. No submittals with mattes, frames, plexiglass (etc) will be accepted. If submitted this way, they will not be returned.
- Photos should be 8 inches by 10 inches. They may be Black & White or Color Entries.
- Animal subjects may be shot in the wild or at a zoo or aquarium.
- Photos submitted that contain people are not allowed.
- All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared.
- Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization will be disqualified. Exposure adjustments, dust removal, cropping, and reasonable adjustments of color or contrast are allowed. Other adjustments beyond that are not allowed.
- Please include a submittal form with each entry.
- Maximum number of entries is three per person.
- Category 1: Mammals
- Category 2: Birds
- Category 3: Aquatic Animals, Amphibians and Reptiles (Herps)
- People’s Choice
Conference attendees will be invited to select their favorite from all entries from the three categories. The winner will be the photo with the highest number of votes from registered conference attendees. Each attendee is allowed one vote.
A $100 Amazon.com Gift Card will be awarded to the winner of each category, including the People’s Choice Winner. Second place will receive a ribbon.
Judging will take place prior to the conference, and the winners will be announced at the Closing Banquet to allow fair voting for the People’s Choice contest.
Submitting Your Photos
- Print off a submission form for each entry.
- There is an entry fee of $10 per photo.
- On the back of each photo please print:
Contact Information/Zoo Affiliation
Title of Photograph
Where Photo was taken
- Please submit your photos with the form.
- The submittal deadline is: September 1, 2014. All photos must be postmarked by this date.
- Make check payable to Zoological Society of Milwaukee.
- Address questions to The AZADV photography team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail entries and fees to:
Zoological Society of Milwaukee
Attn: Photo Team
10005 West Bluemound Road
Milwaukee, WI 53226-4383