The Zoological Society of Milwaukee presents
School Programs at the Milwaukee County Zoo and at Your School
UPDATE 6/3: Our school programs are CLOSED at this time. If you have a program scheduled through June 30, 2020, we will automatically either cancel your program and/or reimburse you if payment has been received. Stay tuned for more information about our school year 2020-2021 school programs registration date.
Click here for information on how to register and plan a successful Zoo field trip.
The Zoological Society Conservation Education Department offers a variety of school programs in accordance with Common Core, State of Wisconsin, Wisconsin Model Early Learning and Next Generation Science Standards. All classes offer engaging educational experiences about science, animals, and conservation, provide students with the opportunity to observe animal biofacts (skulls, fur, etc.), and may include a live animal encounter.
- The symbol identifies programs that include instruction time in the Zoo. Participants should dress for the weather and come prepared to spend time walking in the Zoo.
- The symbol identifies programs that can be presented at the Milwaukee County Zoo or at your school.
- For the health and safety of our animals, school programs are limited to a 30 minute drive from the Zoo. The maximum time we can spend at your school is 3 hours. If your school is outside of this radius or needs a longer amount of time, consider bringing your group on a field trip to the Zoo!
- Click here for Common Core, State of Wisconsin and Next Generation Science Standards alignment.
- To register, call 414-258-5058 at least three weeks prior to your desired program date(s).
We thank the following organizations for financial support of our school programs: Thrivent Mutual Funds; Ladish Co. Foundation; U.S. Bank Foundation; A.O. Smith Foundation.
Ensure that you're notified about future programs by sending your e-mail address to email@example.com. We'll notify you two times a year as our program offerings are updated.