Winter and Spring 2018-19 is now open. Book your performance today!
Outreach into the Community
The Zoological Society and Kohl’s Cares have partnered to bring you Kohl’s Wild Theater, which provides conservation-themed theater performances using drama, songs and puppetry. Performances, which may be scheduled within a one-hour radius of the Milwaukee County Zoo, are free of charge.
Festivals, community events and school assemblies make great venues for Kohl’s Wild Theater performances, which are family-friendly and age-appropriate for grade-school children.
With help from her imaginary bonobo friend, Molly (center), played by Lindsey Gagliano, learns to be friends with a bully, Jane (Alecia Annacchino). Then Molly, Jane and Michael (Sherrick Robinson) form a club.
What do we need?
- A flat (covered if outdoors) performance space of at least 18 x 20 feet. We cannot perform on dirt, sand or grass.
- Access to a working electrical outlet
- An hour before and after the performance with no children in the room for safety purposes to allow for set-up and take-down
- At least 100 students for school performances. More than 300 students would require 2 performances (see FAQ). An all-student assembly is suggested for schools with fewer than 100 students.
- An audience of at least 50 for library, festival or care facility performances
- Venue must be within a one-hour radius of the Milwaukee County Zoo
- A safe pathway for loading equipment into and out of the performance space.
- Access to off street parking next to the building for load in
- A performance area should be on the first floor or accessible by elevator. If flights of stairs are required for load-in, then not all shows are guaranteed.
Questions? Review our frequently asked questions (FAQ) for more details.
Performance Series for January-May 2019
Click on the links below to view show descriptions.
- What We Eat (January-May 2019)
- Finding Harmony (February–May 2019)
- Monkeys in the Middle (March–May 2019)
Performances are booked on a first-come, first-served basis. Request a performance here.
If you would like to attend a performance at a festival or public event, check out the calendar of public performances here.