Requesting a Donation from the Zoological Society
The Zoological Society of Milwaukee (Society) is happy to support charitable organizations to positively impact our community through in-kind donations. The Zoological Society receives hundreds of requests each year; it is not possible to fulfill them all. Please take a look at the eligibility criteria below to see if your organization qualifies.
Eligibility Guidelines in Requesting a Donation
Requests for in-kind donations are limited to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations located in southeastern Wisconsin only. In order for your donation request to be considered, you must be able to answer 'yes' to all statements below.
- My organization is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit.
- My organization is located in southeastern Wisconsin.
- My event is at least six (6) weeks away.
- If a donation is received, I agree to recognize the Zoological Society of Milwaukee.
Please also keep in mind that, in an effort to try to allocate our donations across a variety of organizations in our community, the Society does not generally donate to the same organization more than once per year.
Note to school auctions/fundraisers: Due to the number of requests we receive from schools, we will randomly draw 4 schools in January, April, and October to receive a donation.
Requests related to the following are NOT ELIGIBLE to receive donations:
- Third party requests or organizational campaigns (e.g. United Way employee incentive events, walks or benefits on behalf of a third party organization, benefits on behalf of an individual, etc...)
- For-profit organizations/groups, employee recognition/incentive programs, family reunions, troop or pack incentives for scouts, PTA/PTO, sales incentives, holiday parties, etc.
- Requests for operating expenses and other monetary donations
- Individuals or individual pursuits, fraternal, labor or political groups
- All donation requests must be submitted through the online application at least six (6) weeks prior to an event. Note: Faxes, emails, phone calls and mailed submissions will no longer be accepted.
- Should your organization qualify for a donation, you will receive email notification that your request has been received. (See Eligibility Guidelines above.)
- Donations are scheduled for a pick-up or sent to the requestor approximately two (2) weeks before the item is needed for the event.
- The Zoological Society reserves the right to determine what is donated to an organization and all decisions made by the Society’s Community Donations Committee are final.
- All denied requests will receive notification via email.
NOTE: Please DO NOT call on the status of your donation. You will receive notification once your request is processed by our review committee.