Zoo Pride Membership
Zoo Pride Mission Statement: Zoo experiences inspire people to learn, conserve, and take action to positively impact the natural world.
- The Zoo Pride volunteer program supports the Zoo and Zoological Society by engaging people through education and action to conserve wildlife and the environment.
- If you want to help the Zoological Society in its mission to conserve endangered animals, educate our community about wildlife and support the Milwaukee County Zoo, then we want you as a volunteer in Zoo Pride.
- Volunteers can be the voice for those who cannot be heard. As an ambassador, you will help reach more than 3 million annual visitors by sharing your passion and enthusiasm for the Zoo!
Please Note: Due to the safety and well-being of our animals and volunteers, Zoo Pride has limited opportunities to provide personal care of animals.
We are looking for volunteers who ...
- Honor their commitments
- Possess a positive attitude
- Enjoy engaging with others
- Are able to work independently
- Enjoy giving their time to the community
- Are adaptive to change and new opportunities
- Respect diversity and inclusion of all volunteers
Volunteers and Conservation
- Support local and worldwide conservation efforts
- Present at on-site seasonal Animals in Action Talks
- Represent Zoo Pride at community events
- Participate in Citizen Science efforts on and off-site
Volunteers and Education
- Assist our educators on-site at our Conservation Education building
- Lead special programs such as Sensory Safari, Speakers' Bureau or Walk on the Wild Side Tours
- Serve as an ambassador for a specific animal or collection
- Attend in-house continuing education opportunities presented by local and regional experts
- Advance volunteer support level with additional training (optional)
Volunteers and Support
- Assist events with sales, crowd control, craft projects, setup and more
- Support office staff in various departments, including our Zoo library
- Provide support by helping with animal enrichment and observations
- Serve our guests through wayfinding, answering questions, providing resources and more
- Contribute to special programs for our members and community, such as education and theater
- Valuable and timely communication from organization leaders
- Ongoing professional, educational and growth opportunities
- Invitations to volunteer recognition and appreciation events
- Accredited Zoo experiences
- Zoo Pass discounts based on hour contributions
- Team collaboration – 55,000+ annual hours served!
Zoo Pride Membership Requirements
Get ready to begin your adventure!
- On-boarding process – application, interview, background and reference checks
- Zoo Pride annual membership dues – helps cover program costs
- Junior: Ages 15-17 - $5
- Individual: Ages 18 and older - $10
- Family: Adults and minors in same household - $12.50
- Orientation and training
- Zoo Pride Application
- Zoo Pass Membership
Group or Community Volunteers
If you have a group of individuals interested in volunteering, please submit a Group Volunteer Interest Form to Volunteer Services. We will review your submission and follow up.
If you are a teen looking for short term volunteer service, read below to find out more!
Are you 14-18 years old and interested in science, animals, working with kids, or simply volunteering in your community? The Zoological Society’s Conservation Education Department provides opportunities for high school students to volunteer in our Summer Zoo Camps. Selected students spend two consecutive weeks assisting with camp activities, Zoo tours and general prep with the guidance of a college mentor. If you have interest in getting involved for summer 2021, please click here to complete a form and be added to the interest list. All individuals on the interest list will be contacted when the summer 2021 application is posted. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.