We are currently accepting applications for the following job opportunities:
Part-Time Education Instructor Position at the Zoo
School Programs for K3-8th Grade
Interested in teaching in the education department at the Zoo? The Zoological Society has a part-time teaching position open. This position involves teaching K3-8th grade school programs weekdays at the Zoo or outreach at the schools from September 2017 through May 2018 (option to continue future employment based on performance). Teach 2-5 days per week based on school bookings. Guaranteed 60 hours per month.
For more information and application deadlines please click here.
IT and Database Administrator
Start Date: As soon as possible
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Starting Salary Range: Based on experience
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree, preferably in an IT related major or equivalent experience
Required Experience: 5 to 10 years
The Zoological Society of Milwaukee is searching for an IT and Database Administrator to oversee the technology and database needs of the organization. Initially, a key priority will be to help assess and define the evolving IT needs of the organization given the implementation of a new CRM/database system, Tessitura. Under the general direction of the Society’s VP of Finance and Administration, this individual will be responsible for supporting the Tessitura system. Tessitura is a CRM application (Microsoft SQL platform) utilized for membership, fundraising, marketing, report, ticketing, customer relationship management and web transactions. We are currently in the conversion and implementation phase with a projected go-live date of October, 2017. In addition, with the support of a Network and Systems Specialist, this person will help provide desktop, domain and other database support. This is a full-time position located at the Society’s main office on the grounds of the Milwaukee County Zoo.
This position requires handling a broad range of tasks, including:
- Manage application integration of the following Tessitura related products including, but not limited to: T-Stats & Dashboard, Nscan, SSRS, Infomaker, credit card services, WordFly, etc.
- Serve as a primary source of information regarding Tessitura and other database schemas, structures and objects.
- Responsibility for monitoring and maintenance of data integrity for cloud hosted Microsoft SQL Server databases. Enforce and encourage data entry standards and best practices to promote optimal data hygiene.
- Web maintenance and development utilizing PHP programming language and MySQL for public facing websites as well as in-house web applications and legacy CRM system.
- Basic server, network, database and PC troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Control and monitor user access to databases.
- Develop, implement and monitor IT policies, clearly communicating to both staff and management.
- Maintain relationships with the wider Tessitura community and proactively monitor how other Tessitura licensees are using the system as a best practice.
- Maintain security and privacy of the information systems, communication lines and equipment.
- Oversight of other institutional databases including financial, photo and volunteer management.
- Oversee technology vendors.
- Configuration and maintenance of Apache web servers.
- Installation and maintenance of animal web cams utilizing the Wowza Streaming Server.
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve processes, lower costs and improve service to patrons and internal clients through technology implementations.
- Requires a high level of attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills and the experience to prioritize the needs of the organization and the staff.
- 5+ years of related experience
- Working knowledge of Tessitura CRM or other similar CRM systems
- Skills include experience in Windows and client/server SQL databases; immediate proficiencies in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS); proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel and Access; SQL Query knowledge and relational database system skills.
- Background utilizing PHP, object oriented programming and MySQL/Microsoft SQL databases
- Basic knowledge of ad hoc report writing in Microsoft SQL and MySQL
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Basic knowledge configuring the Apache web server
Bonus Points for:
- Basic network administration and troubleshooting
- Previous supervisory experience
- Managing an Active Directory domain
- Administering Office 365
- Mobile application maintenance and development
- Comfortable with Adobe Photoshop and optimizing graphics for the web
- Ability to occasionally oversee evening or weekend functions and deployments.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25lbs.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle office equipment.
- Ability to drive.
- Ability to maintain good attendance is a condition of employment and a function of this position.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume including salary requirements (salary commensurate with experience) to:Zoological Society of MilwaukeeHuman Resources10005 W Bluemound Rd
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org