We are currently accepting applications for the following job opportunities:
Education Internships – Summer 2015
Future educators – this job is for you! Develop your skills in a fun, hands-on environment!
Join our team of educators and volunteers in the Zoological Society of Milwaukee’s Karen Peck Katz Conservation Education Center at the Milwaukee County Zoo. Our education programs are designed to help children develop environmental and scientific knowledge through fun, hands-on learning. Work with youth ages 2-14 in our 2015 Summer Camps assisting instructors in the classroom and leading Zoo tours. Interns also supervise high school volunteers and assist with material preparation. Interns are mentored by education staff and are required to focus on professional skill development through self-reflection and experiential learning.
For internship details and cover letter/resume due dates please click here.
The above flyer is in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. It requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded here.
Learn more about the Education Summer College Internship by watching the interns in action:
Web Developer / IT Specialist
The Zoological Society of Milwaukee (ZSM) is looking for an Information Services Manager with a high level of attention to detail and excellent communication skills to maintain and continue to advance our web and database applications. This is a full time position located at the ZSM’s main office on the grounds of the Milwaukee County Zoo.
This position requires handling a broad range of tasks, including:
- Web development utilizing the PHP programming language to develop and maintain our public facing web sites as well as in-house web applications
- Managing and utilizing MySQL databases
- Configuration and maintenance of Apache web servers
- Installation and maintenance of animal web cams utilizing the Wowza Streaming Server
- Basic server, network, and PC troubleshooting
- Supervision of processing and fulfillment staff
- Oversee technology vendors
- 5+ years of related experience
- Strong background utilizing PHP and object-oriented programming that communicate with MySQL databases
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Basic knowledge configuring the Apache web server
Bonus Points for:
- Basic network administration and troubleshooting
- Previous supervisory experience
- Managing an Active Directory domain
- Administering Office 365
- Mobile application development
- Comfortable with Adobe Photoshop and optimizing graphics for the web
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume including salary requirements (salary commensurate with experience) to:
Zoological Society of Milwaukee
10005 W Bluemound Rd
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Wednesday, December 3, 2014