We are currently accepting applications for the following job opportunities:
Membership Assistant/Guest Services
Where: Zoological Society of Milwaukee (Milwaukee County Zoo grounds, 10005 W. Bluemound Rd., Milwaukee, WI 53226
Hours: 15-25 hours per week
Pay Rate: $10.50/hour
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- A positive attitude and flexibility in an ever-changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required, as well as a willingness to learn other software programs.
- Enjoy dealing with people.
- Cash handling and customer service experience is required.
- Ability to work rotating weekends, evening special events, and holidays.
This is a part-time position for a person with strong customer service and clerical skills in our membership office, guest services, and west entrance office (summer hours only). This position will interface with the public and our members both over the phone and in person answering zoo-goer questions and selling a variety of items including our yearly Zoo Pass membership. Candidates must be available to work more hours during late spring and summer.
Questions? Contact Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-258-2333 ext. 216.
To apply, please forward a resume as well as a cover letter or description of why you are interested in this position to email@example.com.
The Zoological Society of Milwaukee (Society) is searching for a Grants Coordinator to join a very fun environment and talented team of professionals in supporting one of the most cherished community assets, the Milwaukee County Zoo. Under the general direction of the Society’s VP of Development, this individual will be responsible for researching, preparing and submitting proposals and grant applications in support of the Society’s Development Department’s ongoing needs and priorities. The primary focus is to write proposals and applications for both private and public funding, research grant opportunities and submit timely and accurate reports for grant funded programs and/or projects. Must be able to multi-task and work independently with great attention to detail and the ability to work independently and meet deadlines. This is a full-time position located at the Society’s main office on the grounds of the Milwaukee County Zoo.
This position requires handling a broad range of duties including:
• Writing, reviewing and submitting proposals, presentations, and other materials to secure gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations for Society/Zoo funding priorities.
• Develop cultivation and stewardship strategy for new and existing corporate, foundation and government grant funding opportunities.
• Research potential funding sources through a variety of printed and electronic sources.
• Research and compile giving history and relevant information for donor and prospective donor visits for staff and representatives of the Zoological Society.
• Complete miscellaneous writing assignments as necessary.
• Bachelor's degree preferred with three to five years of related experience.
• Proven track record in successful grant/proposal writing and research.
• Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent written and oral communication.
• Excellent grammar and strong research skills.
• Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
• Excellent computer skills with all Microsoft Office programs.
• Experience with budget development and monitoring.
• Knowledge of contracts and agreements is a plus.
This is a full-time position located at the ZSM’s main office on the grounds of the Milwaukee County Zoo. For more information about the ZSM, please visit http://www.zoosociety.org/
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume including salary requirements (salary commensurate with experience) to:
Zoological Society of Milwaukee
c/o Human Resources
10005 W. Bluemound Rd.
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Or by email to HR@zoosociety.org