Adult, junior and specialty strollers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The rental booth is located near the Taylor Family Humboldt Penguin Exhibit. In the winter, please stop at the gift shop in the Flamingo Cafe for stroller rentals.
|Standard wheelchair:||FREE. A deposit of a driver’s license is required. (Wheelchairs are for the benefit of Zoo guests with special needs.)|
Note: the booth closes 1/2 hour prior to the Zoo closing.
These services cannot be rented in advance.
NEW in 2021: Mobile Purchasing
For strollers, wheelchairs and mobility scooters, each rental unit is tagged with a QR code and is associated with that particular unit. Visitor Services staff can assist guests in renting the unit from the guest’s cell phone, or the cash register option available to assist customers that may not have that capability.
Steps for Mobile Purchasing:
- Scan QR code (on particular rental unit OR signage). The link takes the customer to the online portal for renting strollers, wheelchairs or mobility scooters at the Zoo.
- Select the type of rental unit needed.
- Input the rental number on the app OR by Visitor Service staff during checkout.
- Input name and phone number.
- Agree to rental terms.
- Pay directly from your cell phone, or Visitor Service staff can process payment (including cash) at the register.