As sure as the grass will grow in spring, parents will struggle to keep their kids busy and stimulated this summer. Zoo Camps, sponsored by Penzeys, are a great opportunity for children and families. We offer opportunities for children ages infant to 14 and a family class for everyone.
We have camps ranging from half of a day, a whole day, up to a week. Camps offer a variety of fun, engaging and hands-on experiences that are unique to the Zoo and the Zoo animals. Here are just a few examples of the 30+ camps we offer.
- Age 3: “Gentle Giants” uncovers fun facts about the world’s tallest animal and Includes a visit to the giraffe habitat.
- Age 3: “Poder De Pinguino” – is a camp about penguins offered entirely in Spanish for the child and adult.
- Age 4 & 5: “Zoo Travelers” is a weeklong camp where kids spend time exploring plants and animals around the world.
- Age 6 & 7: “Senior Zookeeper” is one of the most popular camps showing kids what being a zookeeper is all about.
- Age 8 & 9: “Animals After Dark” is a three-day camp with a focus on nocturnal animals.
- Ages 10 & 11: “Let’s Get Wild: Kohl’s Wild Theater Camp” is a weeklong camp that combines creative storytelling, acting and a conservation message.
- Age 10 & 11: “Vet Camp” shows campers the challenging and rewarding details of a career tending to thousands of animals in a zoo.
Registration for Zoo Pass members opens Feb. 22. Non-Zoo Pass members can start to register on March 1.
Depending on the age and length of the camp, prices can vary from $20 for an hour to $380 for a week. Financial aid is available.