The Zoological Society of Milwaukee Board of Directors named Jay McKenna as its next chairman at the Society’s annual meeting. McKenna is the president and COO of North Shore Bank. As a member of the board of directors for more than a decade, his passion for the Zoological Society’s role in education, conservation and supporting the Milwaukee County Zoo is evident. McKenna succeeds Ray Wilson, retired partner with PwC, who will remain an officer on the board as the immediate past chair.
Additional officers of the board include vice chairs Tami Garrison, community affairs and alcohol responsibility director for Molson Coors and Derek Tyus, vice president and chief investment officer at West Bend Mutual Insurance Co. Maria Gonzalez Knavel, assistant general counsel at SSM Health, is secretary and Jon Sohn, CFO of Ascension Wisconsin, is the treasurer.
In 2020 the Board elected the following new members:
- Janette Braverman, county board supervisor, Ozaukee County and executive director of external partnerships at Cardinal Stritch University.
- Dustin Hinton, president and CEO of UnitedHealthcare of Wisconsin and Michigan.
- Sang Kim, regional president of retail banking for BMO Harris Bank.
- Chuck Roedel, group senior vice president with Town Bank, a Wintrust Community Bank.
- Wendell Willis, executive director of the Milwaukee Public Schools Foundation.
“While 2020 has come with challenges, I’m thrilled to work with our board members who are eager to make a difference,” says Zoological Society president and CEO Jodi Gibson. “These men and women provide strong governance and offer valuable oversight for the Society as we conserve wildlife and endangered species, educate people about the importance of wildlife and the environment, and support the Milwaukee County Zoo.”
The Zoological Society of Milwaukee is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
About the Zoological Society of Milwaukee
The mission of the Zoological Society of Milwaukee is to conserve wildlife and endangered species, educate people about the importance of wildlife and the environment, and support the Milwaukee County Zoo.
For more information, call:
Katie Krecklow, (414) 258 – 2333
Nov. 10, 2020