Whether your holiday gifts are delayed, you’re hoping to shop local or you want your gift to be enjoyed for longer than a day, consider a gift through the Zoological Society. The Zoological Society is a nonprofit organization with a mission to conserve wildlife and endangered species, educate people about the importance of wildlife and the environment, and support the Milwaukee County Zoo. Here are some unique local gifts that also help a nonprofit.
- Zoo Passes: The Zoo Pass gives the recipient 12 months of free regular admission to the Zoo, discounts on education classes, digital coupons for attractions at the Zoo, free or discounted admission to 150 different zoos and aquariums nation-wide and much more. If you buy a new gift this year, you get a free plush-toy sloth!
- Sponsor an Animal: This holiday season you can sponsor Nadami, one of the Zoo’s female gorillas. With the sponsorship, you get a plush-toy gorilla, a certificate of sponsorship, an invitation to a special event and more. Other animal sponsorships are available, minus the plush toy.
- Animal Ornaments: Each year the Zoological Society picks a different animal to feature as an This year it is a sloth. Or, you can choose one of the 29 animals from past years. Each ornament is handcrafted by a local artist and made of pewter.
- Gift Cards: Gifts cards can be used toward a Zoo Pass, an animal sponsorship, an ornament, education classes or camps and certain Society events.
- Donations: The Zoological Society raises money for different causes. You can make a donation to help finish our capital campaign and create a new outdoor rhino habitat, central pathway through the Zoo and indoor rhino and hippo homes. Other options for donations include conservation programs here and around the world, education programs and more. Donations are appreciated and are tax deductible.
All these gifts can be purchased online, over the phone or in person. Each gift includes shipping and handling and can be mailed to the recipient or the gift giver.
About the Zoological Society of Milwaukee
The mission of the Zoological Society of Milwaukee is to conserve wildlife and endangered species, educate people about the importance of wildlife and the environment, and support the Milwaukee County Zoo.
For more information, call:
Katie Krecklow, (414) 258–2333