Sponsored by When you see these trees, you will agree, animals make everything better. The Fantastic Forest combines our
When you see these trees, you will agree, animals make everything better. The Fantastic Forest combines our love for the holidays and animals when youth groups create ornaments and decorate more than 50 trees inside the Zoo.
This year, the Fantastic Forest will be spread out in multiple areas of the Zoo – the U.S. Bank Gathering Place, the Flamingo Café and the Peck Welcome Center indoor corridor. Groups are assigned to a category and asked to make 60-70 ornaments based on their assigned category. Groups are then invited in, on a specific day, to trim their assigned tree with their handmade ornaments. Enjoy the colors, animals and imagination child artists bring to each tree on display from Dec. 1 through Dec. 31.
This year’s theme groups animals with their unique features. Some animals have hooves, and some have fins. Others have scales, and then there’s those with feet.
- Feet: Baboon, Bonobo, Elephant, Frog, Gorilla, Hippo, Monkey, Rhino, Tamarin
- Flippers & Fins: Fish, Penguin, Seal, Sea Lion, Sea Turtle, Shark
- Hooves: Bongo, Camel, Caribou, Elk, Giraffe, Impala, Wildebeest, Zebra
- Horns & Antlers: Antelope, Bighorn Sheep, Caribou, Deer, Impala, Kudu, Moose, Rhino
- Paws & Claws: Bear, Eagle, Jaguar, Leopard, Lion, Otter, Red Panda, Sloth, Tiger
- Scales: Alligator, Armadillo, Fish, Iguana, Pangolin, Snake, Turtle
- Wings: Cardinal, Crane, Crested Screamer, Eagle, Flamingo, Owl, Peacock, Pelican, Toucan
Come see the more than 60 evergreen trees decorated by Milwaukee-area youth groups through the Zoological Society of Milwaukee’s Trim-a-Tree Project.
Milwaukee County Zoo
10001 W Bluemound Rd